I saw one of my forwarded email or write-ups saying “an Englishmen speak only English; a Frenchmen speak only French; but we Indian have no language to say “this is our language by birth”
My friend; the truth is this country is a home for all of us "no matter what we do; what we speak; what we worship".
Our nation; per 1991 census recognizes 22 languages under that 1,576 classified "mother tongues" which lists 415 living “Languages of India" (with different linguistic accent). Still we are Indians not known outside as Bihari’s or Gujarati’s or whatsoever! Our culture binds us together under a great nation "India". Amazing, right? It is not an easy job!
I have traveled 54 destinations in US and traveled in UK & Europe too in my last 6 years of career; one day I asked one of my friends (happened to be a customer) at coffee shop in Detroit; "your nation’s language is Spanish; do you speak Spanish?" - He said "no I don't but I speak Italian because my family comes from Italy; they migrated long time back about 40 years back"
Our message is love & tolerance; no matter in what form we pass on and what language we speak -and- last not least we do not have to say "we migrated from other country; we are here in this country since 5000 - 8000 years".
I enjoy reading these types of emails and write ups; a moment to explode myself with laughter!
No comments:
Post a Comment