Today May 18th I read news about Prabhakaran’s death. (Unconfirmed Report as per news channel).
If I start to think about him; I had to recollect my 17 years back memories. I had Tamilian friend from Jaffna who was studying for BA in Cochin; I used to hear many stories about LTTE from her.
Years passed; today I am not overjoyed but feel sympathetic too not because of LTTE rebel movement has come to end but Sri Lankan Govt had a person or group to deal with for Tamil cause; that group or person is no more.
I started to think; whether our hands and consciousness were there in this bloody war which has a bitter end. The quarter century war has finally ended. I used to read many articles saying Prabhakaran was created by us to teach Sri Lankan President a lesson; for his disrespectful attitude towards India that time. He suited our needs in all possible ways. Later global politics changed; our priorities changed; our political view also changed. Sri Lankan’s are good in tactics. There was agreement between India and Sri Lanka. We sent peace keeping force to Sri Lanka; in retaliation LTTE killed our great beloved leader.
He became our enemy. We have a great patience. We waited for opportunity. We provided intelligence and logistics support. We trained them. We blocked all possible escapes routes because we know what his tactics are. Finally Sri Lankan government got him.
All Tamil people displaced; now they will settle some other parts of Sri Lanka not in their own home land.
No comments:
Post a Comment